Using Wixie in the Primary Classroom
#wixechat Thursday, October 22, 7pm ET
If you already a Wixie user, or just thinking about becoming one, join the upcoming Howard County #wixiechat! HCPSS educators and Wixie power users Carrie Trudden (@truddentech) and Laura Hook (@lbhooktech) will be leading the chat on Twitter.
Wixie lets students share their knowledge and ideas through text, images, and voice recording. I like to think of Wixie as a digital canvas for students in K-2 classrooms.
Integrating technology in the early grades provides special challenges and special opportunities. Join the #wixiechat to see how other primary-grade educators are using Wixie to help students build literacy and explore the curriculum.
- How do you get primary students to log in successfully on their own?
- How do you introduce Wixie to your students?
- What is your favorite primary project?
- What are your favorite tools to use with primary students?
- Do you prefer a Wixie template or starting from a blank page?
- How do you share student work with parents and family members?
Use these questions to prepare your tweets in advance! Don't forget to include the #wixiechat hashtag.
If you link to student work, be sure it isn't password protected and that you have student/parent permission to share.
See you there!
(After the twitter chat, we will post a storify link so you can browse the great ideas shared by other Wixie-using educators!)
What a great chat! Lots of fun ideas. Click here to see what was shared.